CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 25, 2010

Mayhem Fest 2010 line up and dates announced!


Rob Zombie

Metal's ultimate summer tour experience, Mayhem Fest, is back in 2010 with none other than Korn and Rob Zombie. Sure, it lacks the star power from last year with Slayer and Marilyn Manson on the bill, but it is hard to complain about any "fest" with Rob Zombie. Sharing the main stage will be Lamb of God and Five Finger Death Punch. Good bands, but main stage worthy? Hmmm....we can debate that all day I suppose.

The mid-level stage or "Festival Stage" has a couple of pretty good groups I'm looking forward to checking out. On the lighter side of metal is In This Moment, a female fronted band that is radio friendly at times and just heavy enough to win over some of the Mayhem Fest fans. It will help that lead singer Maria Brink is smokin' hot, so event he meanest of metal fans should be nice to her. I hate to say it, but you know it's true. Check her out with In This Moment here:




Also on the Festival Stage will be Norma Jean, 3 Inches of Blood and the hit or miss, Atreyu. I want to like Atreyu, but sometimes they just get to corny. For me, they never have a song that is just "alright". They either kick ass or they don't. I still prefer some of their earlier stuff versus what I have heard lately from them. All that being said, I'm stoked to check them out live.

On the third stage or the Jagermeister Stage, I'm super stoked about getting to see Hatebreed. I love that band and have never seen them live either. Chimaira, Winds of Plague and Shadows Fall round out that stage's acts. Not bad.

As always, I will have to travel because Austin never gets a big metal fest. That's really lame, but it is what it is. San Antonio here I come!



For more on this year's Mayhem Fest, visit the official website at www.mayhemfest.com.


Bookmark and Share

No comments: