CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, July 10, 2009

Living Things to Play the Ramones in The Runaways Movie

St Louis indie-garage rock band, Living Things, will be playing the part of the Ramones in the upcoming movie The Runaways. It is a movie currently being filmed about the 1970s all girl group that Joan Jett was in. "Cherry Bomb" anyone? Get this though...Kristen Stewart of Twilight will be playing Joan Jett. I'm not sure how I feel about that but I will watch the movie with an open mind. Dakota Fanning will be playing the part of Cherie Currie. At least I know Dakota can actually act. No problem there.

Living things recently recorded a cover of "We're a Happy Family" for a scene in the movie. According to the info I received, the singer for Living Things is the husband of the film's writer and director Floria Sigismondi. Interesting....I still can't wait to see it. The Runaways will be in theaters in 2010 sometime. I bet the soundtrack will be good.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with The Runaways, check out these videos real quick:








Bookmark and Share

No comments: