CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Chick from Danzig's 'Mother' Video

Not only do I blog, but I read lots of other blogs from all sorts of places. I have to know what is going on in the music industry and what people are discovering or talking about. Well, from time time I check on Buzz Grinder. You'll find it there on my blog roll. It's pretty good for just being a blog and not an actual music magazine site.

Tonight instead of sleeping I was surfing the blogs I have been meaning to catch up on and came across their post about the chick in Danzig's "Mother" video. Before watching any of the videos, I knew exactly the chick he was talking about. I saw that video many times as a kid and remember the blood being spilled from a chicken on top of this blond woman in a black. Then again that was all rock music videos at that time, except for the chicken part. Here's the video in case you haven't seen it or need a refresher.



As it turns out, that "mother chick" actually goes by "Mother Chick" today and is a little off if you know what I mean. In this video she recorded an open letter or video postcard to Glenn Danzig and above all things, "still wants to be friends one day". This is what happens to '80s video chicks years after their groupie days. Let this be a lesson to you kids, stay off meth. The audio is not that good, but here's the video:



After surfing around a little further, Mother Chick has a YouTube Channel full of video goodness (not really) in which she "dances" and records her own workout videos. I'm not kidding. You can't make this stuff up.Just make sure to not watch the stuff on her YouTube channel if you're at work, are around small children or just ate lunch.

Link on Buzzgrinder


Bookmark and Share

No comments: