CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 9, 2010

Mini-cam fun at World Music Night: Taina Asili live at Momo's


I try to make it out to Momo's every Tuesday night that I can. They have a very cool thing happening there on Tuesday Nights. Promoter Brandon Badillo of Bemba Entertainment and KUT 90.5 put on "World Music Night". Many of the artists include local Latin music and touring acts. Latin is only a small part of it as I have heard Balkan music, Indian, Italian influenced music and other stuff I probably can't pronounce. Well this Tuesday I popped into Momo's to meet a new intern I was interviewing. I ended up staying to check out Puerto Rican poet and singer-songwriter, Taina Asili and her band, La Banda Rebelde.

Taina Asili y La Banda Rebelde were on their nationwide tour to support their new album, War Cry, released on Caona Media. Her style of music is what I always thought of when I heard the words "World Music". It doesn't have just one sound or appear to have only one specific country of origin, but rather a fusion of sounds from different continents. Here in this clip I captured this past Tuesday, she gets down with a little African, Carribean and soul. 




Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Yabisi on Mars said...

Thanks so much for filming this a posting it. We had a wonderful time in Austin and look forwarding to coming back again soon!
Taina Asili
www.TainaAsili.com