CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Preview: The Rumble Austin (April edition)


The Rumble Austin showcase series is a great way to hear local bands for FREE. This is what the non-Red River rats and Austin scenesters need to take advantage of. I'm not a fan of every local band here in Austin, but the ones I do love I discovered during Free Week (an entire week in January of free shows) and at other various low cost or free shows. Why more people don't do the same in this town is beyond me. Playing for free is a gift to the public as far as I'm concerned, and I love gifts.

Headlining the April showcase is Austin psych-blues-alt (whatever) rockers The Bridge Farmers. The group is  playing in support of their newest 6 song EP, Din of Celestial Birds. If you like fast ambient riffs, bluesy bar rock mixed with classic '90s style alternative, you should check these dudes out. Listen to the EP from their bandcamp player below:



The other two bands on the bill are very different from The Bridge Farmers, but still justify the cost of admission. For complete details, visit the event entry on Do512 here.

Bookmark and Share

No comments: