CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

New Video From Jason Mraz and Ximena Sarinana


I came across this cool video online today. Pop singer Jason Mraz seems to love duets with hot female singer songwriter types, but then again who doesn't? Remember Mraz's last duo was with Colbie Caillat on the song "Lucky". I wasn't feeling that version too much, it was just another run of the mill top 40 pop song to me. However, I am feeling his new version with Mexican actress and singer, Ximena Sarinana. An MTV Blog, MTV Buzzworthy, actually got something right when it allowed for people to share this video for "La Suerte". A Spanish rendition of Mraz's song with Caillat, Mraz turned a song I wasn't feeling into a song I actually like. Ximena's voice makes the song. According to the MTV Blog, Mraz will be looking to put out a Spanish language version of his album We Sing, We Dance, We Steal Things. When? I am not sure of the date and didn't care enough to surf around looking for it. I have my apprehensions about how it will sound, but I applaud him for at least trying. If only more mainstream artists were bold enough and opened minded to try. Still, I have never been one for doing a cross over album in another language, even from Latino artists trying to sing a Spanish song in English without mastering the language. Yes,that was sort of a stab at my beloved Shakira. It was also a stab at Paulina Rubio and other Latin pop stars who have done the same. Love the Spanish stuff, wish you would have kept it that way.

Here's the video, check it out for yourself and see what you think:





Bookmark and Share

No comments: