CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 31, 2009

A Great Night For Indie In Austin

Tonight one of my favorite new local indie bands, Western Ghost House, plays at Mohawk. Austin Vida featured them recently and I am hoping, as Editor in Chief, that we garnered some new interest for them. I have always said that seeing live music during the week is the best time to really discover something new. Since Monday night football has not started yet, come out and join my friends and I at Mohawk.

Also tonight at Mohawk, is my friend Andrew's band called "Isle of White". He's been on me about coming to see them play and tonight it is finally going to happen. I haven't made a judgment on them yet, simply because I haven't seen them live. Either way, I'll have a cold one or two with Andrew.

Here's a look for you at Western Ghost House. It's a video that was shot for their Austin Vida feature, both filmed and written by my friend Ajay Miranda. For those of you who were out this weekend at Mohawk getting your face ripped off by The Sword, check out the drummer. He may look familiar to you.



For more on Western Ghost House, check out their Myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/westernghosthouse

For more in Isle of White, check out their Myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/isleofwhite



Bookmark and Share

No comments: