CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 17, 2009

I can't post the new video for "I'm Broke" by Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears

Today I just realized that I have never blogged about one of my favorite local Austin based groups, Black Joe Lewis & The Honeybears. Seriously folks, I'm embarrassed by it. Black Joe is amazing, funky, soulful, you name it. There's nothing bad that can be said about these dudes.

Here in Austin especially, they cross over into every genre of music fans, from indie rockers to funksters. Even hardcore fans such as myself get down to Black Joe. They should be even bigger now thanks to recently opening for Austin's indie mega stars, Spoon. This past Friday on YouTube, their label put out their new video for "I'm Broke" off thier album Tell Em What Your Name Is!

This is the part where I'd usually post the video, but it has been disabled by request on YouTube. I hate when labels, bands, artists do that. Why even bother to put it on YouTube? I know the answer, it's exposure. People search YouTube all the time and it will get views. As a fan with a blog, Myspace page, etc I'd like to post it and share it with people. Viewing it on YouTube is free. Watching the YouTube videos are free. The average person can't rip the videos anyway. Even someone who could with a YouTube downloader, could they also edit the video? Those people are slimmer by the number. Would they do it to this video? Not likely. The same thing happened when they put "Sugarfoot" on YouTube. That pisses me off.

Unleash the reigns there suits and watch the views increase greatly! Watch as they sell more albums and downloads. Watch more people buy tickets to their shows in Austin and out of Austin. Why cheat the band out of that? Embrace web 2.0 and social media. When done right, it does wonders for bands.

Click on the album cover to check out the video for "I'm Broke". It's funky. If you are new to Black Joe Lewis & The Honey bears, check out the video for Sugarfoot as well. You'll enjoy that as well.


Bookmark and Share

No comments: