CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Meet The Morakestra on Austin Vida

I first saw The Morakestra last year. What I saw and heard was a group of talented young Latinos doing some fantastic indie rock worthy of everyone's ear. This year I reviewed their latest album, Witness To Connection, for Austin Vida. I thought it was solid album with only a few songs that made me go "huh?".

Originally from El Paso, the Austin based Morakestra is steadily becoming a regular Austin staple around Red River. When I got word of their CD release show, I made sure my Austin Vida team and I included The Morakestra on the website somehow. I am very happy with the way everything turned out. Ajay Miranda shot great video once again, and Sarah Vasquez gave us an insightful interview to help those unfamiliar with The Morakestra get acquainted.

Here is a YouTube video from the Austin Vida YouTube Channel that did not get published with the article that will give you an idea of The Morakestra's look and sound.



Click here to read the full interview and check out our Exclusive Austin Vida live video for "Goodbye".





Bookmark and Share

No comments: