CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

New Interview & Video with B-Real now online at Austin Vida


I recently fulfilled a childhood dream of mine when I not only met the legendary B-Real, but also interviewed him for Austin Vida. He was here in Austin touring with Bizzy Bone from Bone Thugs-N-Harmony. B-Real was supporting his solo album, Smoke N Mirrors.

That day was also a special day because it was my good friend Ajay's birthday. I never had a birthday with a hip hop legend, but I was glad for him. We even did birthday shots with B-Real, Sick Jacken (Psycho Realm) and their crew. I never do shots or drink anything not marked "Lone Star", but it was a special occasion. If only someone would hurry up and invent time travel. I'd go back to visit 8th grade me in Cincinnati (where I lived at the time) and tell me about that night.

I hate to sound like such a fan boy, but Cypress Hill turned my world upside when I was a kid. When I first got my own adult stereo, CD player and all, I owned only three CDs. Those three were 1) Pearl Jam's Ten 2) The Red Hot Chili Peppers classic Blood Sugar Sex Magic and 3) Cypress Hill's self titled debut. "Latin Lingo" was the song that I used to play on repeat, now that I had that ability to do so without rewinding a cassette tape. Remember....it was the early '90s.

To check out the greatness that is B-Real, check out this montage Ajay filmed and edited from his show at The Mohawk. B-Real does some Cypress Hill hits along with some tracks off of Smoke N Mirrors.



Click here to check out the interview and live video featuring B-Real on Austin Vida




Bookmark and Share

No comments: