CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Those Darlins Coming back to Austin in October

Those Darlins made quite a splash online when they were here in March for South By Southwest. I have read several reviews, interviews and blogs on them recently. One source quoted their sound as "Appalachian Indie" and I agree with that. Those Darlins hail from Murfreesboro, Tennessee. Their sound is very Carter Family meets Pitchfork. I am actually surprised that I like this group, as it outside of my usual repertoire of musical genres. Maybe it hits my Southern roots or maybe becase it is three bad ass chicks in boots. Who knows?

All I do know is that when I received their album a couple of months back, I had so many albums to listen to at that time that it ended up sitting in a pile for a bit longer than I wanted. Once I listened to it all the way through for shits and giggles one day, I regretted not opening it sooner. It isn't something I'd listen to everyday or regularly, but once in a while when I am grillin' or on a long road trip perhaps.

So as I was looking around online the other day at different venue schedules and check Myspace bulletins, I saw that Those Darlins will be coming back to Austin on October 30th. They'll be playing at one of my favorite local venues, The Continental Club on South Congress. There will be a lot stuff going on that weekend as it is Halloween weekend, but it is definitely something people should consider checking out. Mark your calendars now.

Before concluding, I just wanted to show you a great video I found online of Those Darlins performing my favorite song of theirs called "Whole Damn Thing". I can relate because I too have eaten a whole chicken after drinking heavily. Who doesn't love a good chicken?

Those Darlins "Whole Damn Thing" from Tugboat Productions on Vimeo.

For more on Those Darlins, visit their official website:

http://thosedarlins.com/index.htm




Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love these girls!!!