CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 7, 2009

A Great Monday Night To Do: Hip Hop Night at Nasty's

Monday nights can be slow but still worth going out. My Monday nights used to consist of Monday Night Football, library time, or going to Nasty's for hip hop night with DJ Mel. An Austin staple, DJ Mel is one of Austin's "it" DJs who is known for spinning at Nasty's, the Rock The Casbah parties and Hip Hop Karaoke back when Tambaleo was still open.

Now on Monday's Mel has his homie, protege, fellow DJ Prince Klaussen spinning with him. Many in town know him from his many nights at Beauty Bar. I admit, I haven't been to either Nasty's or Beauty Bar in a while, but it is always a good time when I do venture out there. I sure miss Wednesday nights at Tambaleo. Oh well, we still have Nasty's on Mondays. It is a great Austin tradition of sorts after this many years. I still highly recommend it.

For more on DJ Mel, visit his website at:

www.djmel.com

More info on the event here at Do512


Bookmark and Share

No comments: