CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Most Important Concert Wednesday Night: Todd Wolfson Benefit at Antone's

Tonight my concert pick was a no brainer for me. Antone's is the place to be, but this time it is not just for the great live music featured. Legendary Austin photographer Todd Wolfson was in an awful motorcycle accident in July. From what I understand, he severely injured his elbow and suffered a head injury that required multiple stitches. He is facing incredibly high hospital bills and his good friends are pitching in to help tonight.

On the bill tonight for the benefit are some of Austin's best musicians and the ever so glam rock, Triple Cobra. I admit I looked twice when I saw them listed next to Alejandro Escovedo and Paula Nelson. I'm glad though, for the cause and the flare they will bring to the bill. Their live show is quite "the show". I won't spoil it for you, but you need to check it out.

For only $25 at the door, you will get to see so many great artists that are worth seeing alone for that cost. Even if you have never seen Todd Wolfson's work or know his name, you'll get more than your money's worth for the show alone. For me personally, the door cost alone is worth seeing Alejandro Escovedo. I just wonder who the "surprise guests" mentioned on the flyer will be. Here's more helpful info for you in case you decide to go, and I hope you do:

Performing artists include: Carolyn Wonderland, Ruby James, Triple Cobra, Alejandro Escovedo, Joe Dee Graham, Skyrocket, Paula Nelson & The Guilty Pleasures, Ian McLagan & The Bump Band, The Trishas, Will Sexton.

Antone's is located on 213th W. 5th Street. Their number is (512) 320-8424You'll see it right on the corner there. For more on Antone's, visit their website at: www.antones.net

Buy advance tickets here: http://antones.frontgatetickets.com/choose.php?a=1&lid=&eid=42250

Doors at 6:00, Show starts at 7:00

If you are interested in donating anything to help Todd, please contact:

JoRae Di Menno at joerae@hardpressedpublicity.com

or donate through this specially made widget here:






Bookmark and Share

No comments: