CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 30, 2009

Friday Night Local Show Pick: Subrosa Union


With lots of big national touring acts coming through Austin all the time, it is easy to overlook good local talent. It isn't right, but it happens. With so much going tonight and tomorrow for Halloween, I just wanted to shed some light on an affordable show with a good local band. Tonight after new rock Gods, Wolfmother, there's an after show inside Stubb's. After all the "Cosmic Egg" craziness is over, chill out and relax to the dub-reggae sounds of Subrosa Union

I have seen Subrosa Union several times by default, meaning they opened or played a show I was at for someone else. Shame on me, I know. An Austin staple, by way of El Paso, Subrosa Union single handedly holds it down for the dub-reggae genre here locally. Not since The Long beach All Stars can I say I have really enjoyed a new dub-reggae band. In the mainstream, I think that genre fell off after Sublime wasn't around anymore. I even remember seeing some cool bands like them in the '90s on The Warped Tour. My how times change I guess, but good for Subrosa Union for keeping it alive and doing it well.

Check out this video by Austin Vida from earlier this year and give them a listen for yourself. 


Austin Vida Live: Subrosa Union from Austin Vida on Vimeo.

Concert details: Show at midnight, Stubb's indoor, 801 Red River, Free with Wolfmother ticket stub, $6 w/o ticket stub


Bookmark and Share

No comments: