CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Hush Now: 'Wishing You a Happy Christmas' video

I know it is a wee bit early still for Christmas videos and "Best Of" lists, but I had to share this video that came in my inbox today that I liked. When I first saw the subject line I immediately cringed at the word "Christmas". Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Christmas. I'm just a fan of not a lot of new Christmas music. I feel most of it is created to sell records, not celebrate the holiday itself. For me personally, I haven't liked a Christmas album since I got The Charlie Brown Christmas Soundtrack cassette as a kid. The best modern Christmas single that comes to mind was Boyz II Men's version of "Let It Snow", but even that may too old to be considered modern.

Still, there are the occasional new tracks that catch my attention. The video I am sharing with you today is from a Boston based indie group called The Hush Now, not to be confused with The Hush Sound. The Hush Now video is for their Christmas song entitled "Wishing You A Merry Christmas". That's simple enough right? It's the first indie Christmas song I've come across and much to my surprise, I love it. If Mohawk (venue in Austin) had a Christmas album, this would be on it. It's catchy.

The band itself is currently preparing for a tour of the UK in late February in support of their second studio release, Constellations. Without further a do, here's the video which features scenes from their hometown in Boston and a local deli jam session.



For more on The Hush Now, visit them on MySpace at http://www.myspace.com/thehushnow


Bookmark and Share

No comments: