CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 26, 2010

Mini-cam fun: Lissie at Mess With Texas party 2010



A lot of people have been asking me this week what I caught either at SXSW last week or what parties I went to. Understand that SXSW week is work, not so much play, for an editor. With the launch of a new publication and keeping Austin Vida running smooth, I was hard up for free time to say the least.

However, I did make it out to some cool stuff. I loved the Mess With Texas party that took place on March 19th and 20th. I caught Jeff The Brotherhood, Lissie and Frightened Rabbit. I dug them all, but Frightened Rabbit were amazing. You probably knew that already though. I also caught a little bit of Mariachi El Bronx and Yacht as well.

Well in case you didn't know that indie folk darling, Lissie, is pretty good. Her music is nothing epic or over the top, and I admit I have to be in the mood to enjoy it. Still, she's one of the best in the genre. Lissie's voice is that of an angel. She's also very down to earth and a good guitar player. I enjoy her Hank Williams cover of "Wedding Bells". Hopefully you've clicked on the video above and are listening to it now. I have more Lissie videos on my YouTube channel if you want to check them out.


Bookmark and Share

No comments: