CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

WOXY shuts down


Big news this morning folks. WOXY,the popular internet indie radio station that just moved to Austin from Cincinnati, shut down today. I was caught by total surprise. I was just in the M.E. TV building the other day it seems and there they were. Their owners, Future Sounds, have pulled the plug.

I first saw a post about it on Twitter that linked me to this post on Paige Maguire's blog, Flux-Rad. Then a friend of mine emailed me this post from the Austinist. It is true. WOXY was a good thing to happen to Austin. That's the economic reality for music media unfortunately. Music media is going the way of being in a band. It is something you will do after your soul sucking 9 to 5 gig until you "make it big".

Check out WOXY.Com to see the note they posted: http://www.woxy.com/


Bookmark and Share

No comments: