CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 26, 2010

Music Video: 'Diary Of A Broke Nigga' by Jay Rock

 Hip hop is supposed to be urban poetry put to music. When I was growing up hip hop was hungry, raw and had something real to say. Somewhere along the line it lost its edge. Changing styles, trends coming and going, the internet, ringtone sales, etc have all changed the game. I hate to admit it, but I stopped listening to most hip hop that came out after the year 2000.

One thing I noticed is how the West Coast presence diminished in main stream radio hip hop and magazines. The only West Coast artists getting love were the mega stars like Snoop, Cypress Hill, The Game and a few select others. It is not a long list.

Well the other day I was checking out my reader and scanning through the various music blogs and websites I follow when I came across a music video from West Coast rapper, Jay Rock. The music video is for his single "Diary Of A Broke Nigga" which also featuresKendrick Lamar and Giddy. I just wanted to share it with you all because it is one of the few hip hop songs I've been excited about this year.



The video was directed by AplusFilmz. Watch their videos if you get a chance. These dudes should be winning some awards.


Bookmark and Share

No comments: