CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 29, 2011

Best soundtrack I've heard in a while: "Californication: Season 4"


I was sent this a while back and I am kicking myself for not getting into it sooner. I normally don't care much for soundtracks of shows or movies I don't care for. That combined with my lack of time these days let things slip by sometimes. Don't let this one slip by you.

The Californication: Season 4 soundtrack is ear candy for my fellow early thirty-something, Generation Xers. Not only does Better Than Ezra cover "So Alive" by Love and Rockets but  the soundtrack includes tracks like Tommy Lee’s solo version of “Home Sweet Home." Other artists I like on the soundtrack include Eagles of Death Metal, Cracker and Monster Magnet.

What caught me by surprise were three rock covers from the show’s on-screen band Queens of Dogtown. The band is fronted by Zoë, daughter to Lenny. They cover and soften up one of my favorite power ballads, "I Remember You" by Skid Row, but it's a good cover. You have consider Zoë is only in her early twenties here folks. Check out the video for their other stand out cover, "Would" from the legendary Alice In Chains.



Purchase the soundtrack here.

Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love love love this show!

Jake2k said...

I've watched them all!