CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

New Interview with La Guerrilla on Austin Vida

On July 29th at The Mohawk here in Austin, some of my team from Austin Vida and I checked out local Latin Fusion Band, La Guerrilla. My friend and Austin Vida staff writer, Sarah Vasquez, knew the lead singer from a previous band he was in a few years ago. I had heard of La Guerrilla before but never got a chance to see them live. In Austin, with so much music everywhere you turn, it is difficult to catch everyone on your list of bands to see.

After I got wind of them opening for Grupo Fantasma recently, I knew I needed to make them a priority on my list. When we saw them at Mohawk that night, I realized that this band was numerous in members. They had the usual guitar, bass, and drummer, yada yada yada. What I didn't know until that night was that La Guerrilla also has a brass section, an extra percussionist, and a violinist. It made for a great live sound collectively. Take a listen to La Guerrilla here on this YouTube video my friend and Managing Editor, Ajay Miranda, shot for Austin Vida:



Click here to read the interview with La Guerrilla by Sarah Vasquez on Austin Vida

Many thanks also to our girl Chantel Clopine for taking some great live shots!


Bookmark and Share

No comments: