CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

12/23 Wednesday Show Pick: New Roman Times at Stubb's

Wednesday at Stubb's indoor, I'll be going to check out a band I've been meaning to see for while but keep missing for some reason. New Roman Times is playing with indie-post punk outfit, Distance Runner. Everything I have heard on New Roman Time's MySpace sounds really good. It's sort of new wave indie stuff, but no so Devo-ish. There's nothing else better going on except for maybe Del Castillo, but I've seen them several times and have never seen New Roman Times. This is one of the many things I love about Austin, the fact that I can catch good local talent on a Wednesday night.

I'm not going to do anything as far as interview or show review on this one. It is too close to Christmas and I've spent the past two years doing that stuff, so I'm just going to hang out and relax for this one. Who knows though, if I like them I may connect with them later.

Here is a YouTube video from their MySpace that kind of gives you an idea of what they seem like, but I encourage you to listen to their songs on MySpace. Let them play and see if you don't start nodding your head or tapping your feet.



For more info on this show, visit the show post on Do512 here.


Bookmark and Share

No comments: