CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 27, 2010

Sponge returns to Austin

Long live the '90s!!!! Sponge is coming to Austin to play a show at Red Eyed Fly this Thursday.This is one of the most underrated bands of the early '90s. I discovered them in middle school on a random visit to CD Warehouse one day (remember those?) in the used section. I picked up the album Rotting Pinata for the title and popped it into the CD players they used to have out at these listening stations. I instantly fell in love with it. Later I heard them in the movie Chasing Amy and haven't heard much from them since. Still, Rotting Pinata is one my top one hundred lists for best albums of all time.

I didn't think I'd ever get to see Sponge in concert, but now I get to sort of see them. The lead singer, Vinnie Dombroski, is the only original member. Still, I'm so there. Still wondering who Sponge is or can't remember who they are? Listen to "Plowed" here from the YouTube clip. It's a classic:



Advance tickets are available for the show on Frontgate Tickets here.


Bookmark and Share

No comments: